Sunday, 19 July 2015

A flock of birds

Here are some pictures of one of my current little projects: Lino printed fabric bird decorations. I say 'little' but they are actually pretty fiddly and time consuming! There's printing, sewing, turning inside out, stuffing and then attaching ribbons for hanging (the last step, I have yet to do).Very satisfying to see them come together though...

I'm doing the Totterdown Arts Trail in November ( and although it's a good four months away, I want to get as much done as I can, when I get the time. So hopefully lots of lino printing, sewing and painting between now and then!

Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Laurel's doll...finished!

I have finally finished Laurel's doll...who still needs a name. I'm really happy with her, she looks so close to what I had in mind, which was a hard thing to achieve. Its been great to learn a new skill and now I have lots of sewing ideas I want to try out. 

Her hair is made from twisted strips of patterned fabric and I made the dress, but not the cardi. The cardi was actually something made for Laurel who was never small enough for it so great that it's getting worn! The dress was pretty tricky and its not quite how I wanted it (only just covers her bum) but I guess a doll can never have too many dresses so will definitely be making some more! 

Watch this space for a cheeky little boy doll for Ezra...