Friday 12 June 2015

Laurel's doll (so far)

Having discovered that Laurel rather likes playing with baby dolls at playgroup I had the idea of attempting to make her one myself. A nice soft cuddly one is surely better than a creepy looking plastic one? Since starting the Wednesday art group I have been saying I want to tackle a sewing project and have finally thought of something I want to do. 

I don't think I've really looked at a sewing machine since I tried and failed to use one on my Art foundation course. It really is a lot easier and more fun than I remember; I was quite prepared for the doll not to go quite to plan but so far, it is actually looking pretty much how it did in my head. Pleasantly surprised... More posts to come.


sketches
rosy cheeks

face
arms and legs

No comments:

Post a Comment